Welcome to my writing corner. Here you'll find stand alone stories and tales that stretch much longer. You'll find tales ranging from medieval adventure to modern stories about real people with a sci-fi twist. If you like/hate what you read, drop me a line and let me know.

You can find the stories grouped by the labels just to the right.

Friday, September 25, 2009

“Hero’s” Story – Chapter 21

I shook my head to clear the haze. Had to act quick, do something, anything, before I was overwhelmed. Couldn’t take another hit from that cannon.

Soldiers grabbed at me, their hands trembled with fear. They may have seen battle, but I was an inhuman enemy. I shrugged them off and bolted for the tank. My hands grabbed the cool, rough metal and I lifted. Damn it was heavy. Grunting, I heaved with all my strength and flipped the metal behemoth over.

Steel grated against earth as the tank wobbled like a turtle on its back. More soldiers opened fire on me. I barely felt the bullets anymore. Time was running out, I had to hurry. I made my way through the hole in the side of the building. Ran into a pack of guards in the hallway, I didn’t do any permanent damage.

Flare and Lady Speed were three floors straight down. I looked for an elevator, with none in sight I improvised. Balled up my fist and punched the ground as hard as I could. Skin tore, blood dripped from my hand but I ripped a hole in the floor.

I shot down, head first, arms stretched in front of me, hands balled into fists. Three floors, straight down. Covered in dust, scraped, bruised, but still in one piece.

I flew toward the holding cells, more soldiers, quick but tiring work. Finally made it to the cells, they were more like cages. Flare and Speed were strapped down; wires and sensors dotted their naked bodies. Covered in Purple bruises from torture and abuse. Anger surged through me. I tore the doors off their cages, broke their shackles and found them clothes. Lady Speed was in bad shape, barely able to stand. Flare was in slightly better condition.

Cell phone vibrated in my pocket, the screen read: “On roof, surrounded, hurry.” It was Bionic.
I asked Flare if he was okay and he nodded weakly.

“Grab speed and follow me.”

He scooped her into his arms as I rocketed through the ceiling. Eight stories straight up and I burst through the roof. Flare was behind me, flames erupted from his feet.

One look and I could see; Bionic was hunkered down, soldiers swarmed toward him, blood seeped from his shoulder. I swooped in, grabbed him and the four of us flew off into the darkness of night.

No comments:

Post a Comment