Welcome to my writing corner. Here you'll find stand alone stories and tales that stretch much longer. You'll find tales ranging from medieval adventure to modern stories about real people with a sci-fi twist. If you like/hate what you read, drop me a line and let me know.

You can find the stories grouped by the labels just to the right.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

“Hero’s” Story – Chapter 24

I knew where he was, her ex-husband. After the split I kept tabs on him, just in case. It had been so long that I’d forgotten about him. I didn’t think he was a threat.

Bloody smudges decorated my body as I flew toward his shitty duplex rental. I’d hurt him, I’d beat him until he begged Julie’s forgiveness, then I’d crush his windpipe and watch the light leave his eyes.

The green glow of a television seeped from his dark living room. I burst through the window, plaster and glass erupted like a volcano.

“James!” I cursed his name.

“Eh, what the hell?” he leapt off the couch, startled.

I was on him in a flash, my hand around his throat; I lifted him into the air and reeled my other hand back in a fist.

“You are going to pay, you piece of shit!”

“Wha? What’d I?” he was terrified, something in his eyes made me stop. I studied the deep brown pools filled with fear and confusion. I exhaled deeply and looked around.

The place was a shithole; empty pizza boxes and beer cans scattered everywhere. James reeked of booze and body odor. He wore a gross undershirt and boxers stained with pizza and jism.

I opened my hand and dropped him to the ground. He didn’t kill her, he probably hadn’t left his house for days.

James stood and rubbed his neck. “Jesus you crazy asshole! Lookit what you did to my window! You just come here to ruin my life some more?”

The adrenaline left me, my shoulders slumped.

“I’ve got nothing left!” James waved his arms violently. “Go ahead and finish the job! Go ahead and kill me.”

I started toward the door.

“Now you’re gonna leave? Why’d you even come?”

I opened the door and stopped.

“She’s dead. Someone killed her.” I spat over my shoulder.

He stood silent, his gazed dropped to the floor as the news sunk in. Then his mouth tightened and his eyes narrowed.

“You let someone kill her? Some fuckin’ hero. Where were you?”

I flew off as he yelled behind me.

“Where the hell were you?”

No comments:

Post a Comment