Welcome to my writing corner. Here you'll find stand alone stories and tales that stretch much longer. You'll find tales ranging from medieval adventure to modern stories about real people with a sci-fi twist. If you like/hate what you read, drop me a line and let me know.

You can find the stories grouped by the labels just to the right.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

“Hero’s” Story – Chapter 18

I reacted almost immediately. I swooped down, grabbed Bionic and took off. There was no way I was going to fight Government Agents; I didn’t want to end up on America’s Most Wanted. I took Bionic up to the top of a building a few blocks off. It’d take them a while to get to us, if I hadn’t lost them.

“What the hell is going on man?” I looked him over, his clothes were torn and he had bruises on his arms and legs.

He looked at me pleadingly. Of course, he couldn’t speak. He made his hands into the symbol for a telephone and held it up to his ear. I understood, pulled out my cell phone and handed it to him. He closed his eyes for a moment as he grabbed my phone, and then held it near my face so I could see the screen.

My cell phone screen went black, green words started scrolling across the screen. “We were abducted by the FBI. They took us to a holding facility and ran tests on us. They still have Flare and Speed. We need to rescue them.”

My powers were straight forward, but his powers were just cool.

“Okay, do you know where they are?” The idea hadn’t really sunk in. I was standing there planning on breaking into a Government prison to spring two people with super powers. Yeah, my world was a little screwed up.

Bionic closed his eyes again and the GPS map came up on my phone, he then mapped directions to the Facility.

“Let’s go NOW!!!” The green letters scrolled across the screen.

“No way. You are beat to shit and I’m in no condition. We lay low, rest for the night and head out tomorrow evening.”

His eyes got wide and he shook his head. It was like talking to a child. “NOW!!!”

“No, if we go now we’ll both end up captured, or worse. We go tomorrow, end of discussion.”

It was then that I heard the whirling thump of a helicopter. I looked in the direction of the noise and saw a black helicopter flying toward us quickly. Black helicopters, I am not shitting you. I felt like I was in a really bad conspiracy movie.

I grabbed Bionic and headed off, we’d find a hotel and lay low for the night and then tomorrow we’d free Flare and Lady Speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment