Welcome to my writing corner. Here you'll find stand alone stories and tales that stretch much longer. You'll find tales ranging from medieval adventure to modern stories about real people with a sci-fi twist. If you like/hate what you read, drop me a line and let me know.

You can find the stories grouped by the labels just to the right.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Hero's" Story - Chapter 1

This series of stories was inspired by Unknown Hero, a web series by Michael Buonauro.

Chapter 1
I still remember how I found out. I was driving home from work, singing to the radio. Tom Petty, Free Falling, is that irony? I never can tell after that Alanis Morissette song. Later I’d find out that it all started when a semi ran into a minivan full of Girl Scouts, but at that moment all I saw was the red break lights on the Saab in front of me.

I locked up my breaks, yanked the wheel to swerve but still rear ended the silver Saab. Metal folded against metal like tectonic plates, the impact threw me out of through the windshield. Should have been wearing my seatbelt. I think about that a lot. If I was wearing my seatbelt, this story would end as a one in a million miracle. But I wasn’t wearing my seatbelt and what was about to happen wasn’t a miracle, it was impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment