Welcome to my writing corner. Here you'll find stand alone stories and tales that stretch much longer. You'll find tales ranging from medieval adventure to modern stories about real people with a sci-fi twist. If you like/hate what you read, drop me a line and let me know.

You can find the stories grouped by the labels just to the right.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

“Hero’s” Story – Chapter 2

I always expected that if I was in a car accident that everything would slow down to “bullet time” like in the movies. I was wrong. As I smashed through the windshield a quick image of my wife flashed in my mind. I was hurled out of my car; my body flew into the rear window of the silver Saab and continued out the front windshield of the Saab. At that point they tell me I bounced off of the trunk of a Cadillac that was in front of the Saab and skid about 30 yards across the pavement and into oncoming traffic.

As if that weren’t enough I was hit by a Geo Metro doing 55, which is about as fast as I think they go. It was at that point that I stopped traffic by defying science and common sense by standing up. My clothes were shredded to almost nothing but there I stood, not a scratch, bump, or bruise. Not one scrape or broken bone. Not a one in a million miracle but an impossibility. My life would never be the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment