Welcome to my writing corner. Here you'll find stand alone stories and tales that stretch much longer. You'll find tales ranging from medieval adventure to modern stories about real people with a sci-fi twist. If you like/hate what you read, drop me a line and let me know.

You can find the stories grouped by the labels just to the right.

Monday, August 24, 2009

"Hero's" Story - Chapter 13

I kissed Julie for the first time shortly after I got back. I remember the day exactly; it would have been my wedding anniversary.

A few weeks later I was in divorce court. I gave my wife full custody of the kids, I didn’t fight for anything. I knew I couldn’t be a father and the other thing at the same time. I regret it all now, but it was probably the right thing for everyone.

That evening I went to Julie’s house, she left the window open for me. I flew in and saw her lying on the bed, dressed in red lingerie. Candles burning, rose petals and champagne.

“Cupcakes.” I mumbled.

“What?”

“Never mind. You look…amazing.” I skipped patrol that night. It was incredible. I’ll keep every detail of that night in my brain for as long as I live.

I ducked out a little before dawn to fly home. I noticed a car on the road swerving badly. As I flew in closer the driver lost control and sped up into oncoming traffic. He was about to ram head first into another car when I swooped down and lifted his car up. Damn drunk drivers. I set the car down gently in a nearby parking lot and stepped to the window to reprimand the driver.

It was my boss. His jaw dropped as he recognized me. “You” was all he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment