Welcome to my writing corner. Here you'll find stand alone stories and tales that stretch much longer. You'll find tales ranging from medieval adventure to modern stories about real people with a sci-fi twist. If you like/hate what you read, drop me a line and let me know.

You can find the stories grouped by the labels just to the right.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

“Hero’s” Story – Chapter 3

Everything started happing pretty quickly after that. I went to the hospital; they wrote me a clean bill of health. Some local news station interviewed me, some local churches started calling me. I got what everyone wants, 15 minutes of fame, lucky me. A month and a half later the excitement died down. I was yesterday’s news. All except for a nagging feeling in the back of my brain.

There was a buzz, a feeling, a nagging, that woke me up each morning and kept me up each night. Something was different with me; I could feel it with every inch of my body, from my head to my toes. It was July 24th, the day before my birthday when I closed my front door so hard that I knocked it off its hinges and into the neighbor’s yard. Later that day I bench pressed our Sedan. Two weeks after that I tripped and fell walking on my deck, only I never hit the ground. I flew three blocks before I could stop myself. I spent the next week learning to fly. God, I still love flying.

There I was; invincible, flight, super strength. I thought I was ready. I was so sure of myself. I was such a fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment